lundi 31 mars 2008

Just dropping thoughts

I've never really had a sense for poetry, even if I like reading some from time to time. seated in a Starbucks Coffee, I had these old feelings resurfacing that I wanted to put into words once again, and it came in the form of a poem, but since I have absolutely no clue on how to write a good poem, and since I had the beat of a song I like in mind making me choose the rhythm of the words, let's say that this is not a poem but a possible song's lyrics ^__~

As an indication, the rhythm I had in mind was from the "Who's gonna stop it?", by Olivia Lufkin. re-reading it, I can see the succession of thoughts and development is a real mess, I'll try to arrange this later... I just wanted to keep this bit safely somewhere, to not forget it ^^

**********

Where are you ?

Even now I can't help Thinking of you
Reminding our days together

I might not think of you as I used to
But my feelings remain strong and true
Other lovers, another life
Keep us apart and afar
Now new thoughts bind me to you
Just as tightly as before
Just like back then
As real, strong and true


My mind's clear now and I can see better
That we were both, young and fragile,
Equally needing

And how we are now, happy yet unfulfilled
Longing for this, which we forever miss

I always felt as a captive,
Imprisoned in a sweet cage,
A dear bittersweet prison
From which I nonetheless wanted to be set free of

I often thought I wished to be rid of You,
Rid of my affection for You,
Of this everlasting addiction

Freed from these buzzing thoughts
That were Numbing me as I pictured You

Now I know I don't wish to forget anything about Us
Nor will I ever forsake these days alongside You again

Innocently,
You've been a part of me
Unconsciously,
You helped me grow into this Me
Unwantingly,
As you rejected me,
You pushed me toward my present self,

Keeping me away from your everyday,
Your thoughts, your mind...
Casting me aside me like an outsider
Watching you from a distance like an unwanted visitor
You forced on me this painful gift

Was I indeed that far from you?

Now i have no idea
Of how far I am standing from You?

Did you really forget? or do you still regret?
I had stopped doubting
I've found a love for myself

You were my stepping stone and I'm grateful to you
But can't we start anew?
Can't we go back the other way?

Can my voice still reach You?
Can my heart still touch you?
Is your mind still willing to shut me out there?
Leaving me begging for you in the cold

Won't you listen to this song?
Would you rather go on with this ling-a-long
You've been humming to yourself for comfort?
Hammering it to my face, slapping me to the ground
Keeping me in a corner,
In the shadows of your heart

We can still love each other
Will you let me taunt You?
Will you let me sit close to You?
There is still a place for this love

Our feelings were true
They're still waiting for you...


Aucun commentaire: