vendredi 14 mars 2008

Dreams of an Artemis


Why "Dreams of an Artemis"?


Several reasons made me choose this title for my first blog.

- First : "Artemis" - I have always liked greek and roman mythology, from this I got interested in the planetory systems and such as a kid. Amongst all the great mortals and gods of this mythology, the Lunar Goddess, Diana, Artemis, Phoebe, Selene, has been one of my favourites, and her love with the Mortal Prince Endymion seemed poetic and simply fabulous to my 9-year-old eyes.... I guess it left a mark in my mind after all these years ;)

- Second : I recently discovered the new blog of my favourite writer, Diana Gabaldon, which is called "Voyages of the Artemis", and the title seduced me at once, of course.... so yes, I guess you could say it's a reference to her blog. I hope it won't be considered as plain offensive copying if she ever stumbles upon this blog :/ (or worse, I wouldn't like any fans' wrath over this matter through heavy spamming....O_o)

- Lastly : Why "Dreams".... Diana Gabaldon is now famous, and her continuing work Outlander is now rivaled by her new projects, so we could say her literary career is a "Voyage" still going on. On the other hand, I just only recently took the courage to take time writing and let my impulse go free : I'm only at the beginning of my literary "career", which isn't one per say, since I'm not doing it as a professional or anything.... So I'll call my literary journey a succession of "Dreams" compared to her actual achievements. They're part of many readers' reality, and of course of her family and friends' lives, while mine is still only affecting Me, myself and I.... it's in my head....and my still few written texts.

Ahhh....as usual, I meant to write something short, and tons of lines lie there now, who in the world would read this bunch of blabbing? or maybe this is just for me alone for now ^__^ hehe, I don't know where this will go....

Is it really a good idea to post my writing here in the first place? I'm not really sure but I don't have English classes anymore, no teacher to correct or guide me, so if constructive remarks or encouragements can be gained through here, I have very little to lose :)
,.

1 commentaire:

Daenaria a dit…

Désolée mais mes commentaires seront en français car mon niveau d'anglais me permet (à peu près) de comprendre tes posts mais pas d'y répondre comme je le voudrais.

En tout cas je pense que c'est une excellente idée de nous faire partager tes pensées, tes rêves, tes écrits via ce blog et j'espère te lire souvent!